School Mission, Vision & Values
Our Mission: Excellence. Endeavour. Opportunity
At Rosebery we strive to inspire and support every member of our community to achieve excellence through a love of learning, and a desire to succeed. We challenge ourselves to continually improve and understand that endeavour and effort are central to meeting the highest of expectations. We are committed to creating a happy, purposeful and secure environment which provides the opportunity for all to develop and grow; to build confidence and self-belief; and to be enriched and stimulated so that we can all contribute significantly and positively to the Rosebery community and beyond.
Our Vision: Ambition for All
We aspire for every child who joins Rosebery to be able to look forward to a joyful education that challenges and inspires them and empowers them to inspire others.
Irrespective of their background or starting point, our students all experience a rich, diverse and ambitious curriculum which enables them to become the very best version of themselves. They will be empowered to demonstrate the resilience, ambition and motivation to push themselves to be the best - in a healthy, happy and inclusive environment, where they can develop and thrive without fear of failure or judgement. Throughout this journey, the Rosebery Way will define and secure positive relationships for all and will ensure that students, staff and parents have the highest expectations of each other expressed with clarity, kindness and respect.
Our ambition for all will ensure that each and every Rosebery student acquires and develops the knowledge, skills and character to make their preferred next step when leaving us on their journey to becoming the leaders, role models and champions of industry who will go on to shape a better future for us all.
Our Values: The Rosebery Way
All members of our community are expected to behave in a manner that upholds the values and ethos of the Rosebery Way:
All members of our community are shown the level of respect and kindness that we would expect for a member of our family
High expectations are never set by creating a fear of failure; they are set by demonstrating belief in each other's ability to achieve
Members of our community who do not meet our expectations are supported to help them to do so
We never ask anyone to do anything that we would not be prepared to do ourselves
We act with integrity by doing the right thing whether or not anyone is watching
Strategic Priorities for 2024
In pursuit of our vision, we have identified the following strategic priorities:
- Plan and sequence a rigorous academic curriculum to ensure all students can explore their intellectual curiosity and develop their cognitive agility over time, whilst ensuring that they acquire the knowledge, skills and qualifications to progress to their chosen destinations and careers.
- Review and refine our curriculum to ensure it is diverse and inclusive.
- Focus on improving students oracy and literacy.
- Aspire, within each subject, for every student to be a scholar and to act and behave as an authentic learner in that discipline.
- Continue to develop the effective learner qualities that will enhance the learning capabilities of all students across the curriculum.
- Ensure that all lessons are delivered passionately and knowledgeably by teachers who promote a love of their subject and who model the academic behaviours and learner qualities which they expect from their students.
- Expect all teachers to establish a safe and stimulating environment for students, rooted in mutual respect and to uphold their professional responsibility to ensure all learning experiences have a clear purpose, are constructed with precision and are appropriately pitched.
- Establish a character curriculum and pupil charter that, alongside our enrichment and leadership opportunities, will create a foundation from which every child can flourish.
- Refine and enhance the pastoral structures and systems throughout the Lower School, Upper School and Sixth Form to ensure that every child has access to the support, guidance and care they need to fully engage with the Rosebery experience.